2009 Profits increase despite decrease in turnover
- Net sales amounted to 65.5 (68.0) million SEK for the year and 15.8 (15.7) million SEK for the fourth quarter.
- EBIT amounted to 13.8 million SEK (10.2) for the year and 1.8 million SEK (2.5) for the fourth quarter, an increase of 35 percent for the year.
- Profit after tax amounted to 10.8 million SEK (8.0) for the year and 1.4 million SEK (1.4) for the fourth quarter.
- Earnings per share amounted to 1.15 SEK (0.85) for the year and 0.15 (0.15) for the fourth quarter.
- Cash flow amounted to 10.4 million SEK (13.9) for the year and -1.3 million SEK (5.7) for the fourth quarter.
- Bravo Friscus, a new probiotic juice with positive effects on the immune system, was launched with Skånemejerier in Sweden during autumn.
- Partnership with Bringwell to launch Probi’s dietary supplements for immune health and digestive health under Probi’s own brands on the Nordic market during 2010.
- Jarrow Formulas to launch Probi’s dietary supplement for digestive health in the US Health Food channel in 2010, through a new agreement with Institut Rosell.
- Merck KGaA to launch Probi’s dietary supplement for digestive health in Latin America in 2010, through a new agreement with Institut Rosell in January.
- Probi’s supply agreement with Kraft Foods terminated in 2009, which resulted in a decrease in Probi’s net sales compared to 2008, but triggered a payment of 5.4 million SEK in the second quarter of 2009 upon termination.
- Royalty proceeds from ProViva rose by 7 percent during 2009.
- The Board of Directors proposes dividend of 0.50 SEK per share.