F A Q
TAKING BOTH PROBI DIGESTIS® AND PROBI DEFENDUM®
- Can both Probi Digestis® and Probi Defendum® be taken at the same time?
Yes. Though we have not performed any clinical studies where the two products are combined, we have no indications that they may "disturb" each other.
- Is it safe to take Probi Digestis® / Probi Defendum® when pregnant?
Yes. The products are safe to take during a pregnancy.
- Must the capsule / tablet be taken together with a meal?
- Can more than one capsule / tablet be taken at a time?
Principally speaking, the answer is yes as there is no risk of overdose with these products. However, we have not studied whether or not taking a higher dose provides a different effect.
- Is it safe for my child of XX years / months to take it?
Yes, the products are safe even for children, but our clinical documentation is based on studies performed with adults. In Sweden, however, the industry recommends that supplements not be given to children under 3 years of age.
- Can a person taking medication for ulcerative colitis take Probi Digestis®?
As ulcerative colitis / Crohn's disease is a serious disease, we recommend that you contact your physician for advice before possibly taking Probi Digestis®.
HOW / WHEN
- I have difficulty swallowing the capsules and wonder if it's OK to remove the powder and mix it with a beverage, for example? If so, what do you recommend I combine the powder with to best maintain its effect?
Yes, it is OK to open the capsules and pour the powder into a beverage or food that isn’t heated .
- Is it possible to open the capsules and mix the contents with something like yoghurt, or will that destroy the effect?
Yes, but just remember to eat it within a short period of time as longer time in the food or drink could potentially affect the bacteria’s survival. It is also possible to mix the contents with other food or drinks as long as they are cold or at room temperature and consumed right away.
STORAGE / SHELF LIFE
- How long can an opened bottle be stored?
- I have had a bottle in the refrigerator for just over a month. Does this affect its shelf life?
INTOLERANCES / ALLERGIES
- Does the content of lactic acid bacteria / lactobacilli mean that the product also contains lactose?
The lactic acid bacteria per se are lactose-free. The different product formulations can, however, contain lactose.
- Can it be taken by someome with a milk allergy?
It depends on the product formulation, see previous question.
PENICILLIN AND PROBIOTICS
- Is it OK to take probiotics while taking penicillin?
Yes it’s fine and recommended. However, you should maintain intervals of at least two hours between taking the antibiotics and taking the probiotics so as not to have a negative effect on the probiotics.
- After two strong penicillin treatments, I’m wondering if taking two tablets a day is a good idea, or is the effect roughly the same as taking just one tablet?
Unfortunately, we have no clinical data to show whether taking a double dose will produce a different effect, but we do know that doing so does not involve any risk of overdosing.