Probi has established a Scientific Advisory Board consisting of renowned researchers and medical doctors. The Board’s assignment is to advise Probi’s board of directors and management within research related questions with Probi’s present research portfolio as starting point, and to give recommendations concerning Probi’s future research. The Board has a broad composition of representatives from several different disciplines within the research areas that are relevant to probiotics.
The Scientific Advisory Board consists of the following members:
• Jan Nilsson, Professor of Experimental Cardiovascular Research, Lund University, Sweden (Chairman)
• Hans Wigzell, Professor Emeritus of Immunology, Karolinska institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
• Lars Gatenbeck, MD, PhD, Chairman of the Swecare Foundation and CellaVision and board member and trustee of several life science companies and organisations
• Glenn Gibson, Professor of Food Microbiology, University of Reading, UK
• Maria Rescigno, Professor and Director of the Dendritic Cell Biology and Immunotherapy Unit, European Institute of Oncology, Milan, Italy
• Henrik Vestergaard, Associate Professor, The Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Basic Metabolic Research in Copenhagen, Denmark.